Friday, October 01, 2004

Harvest Moon

Tonight as I was locking up and turning out the lights, the moon beckoned me from the skylight. It has been a while since we have been together, because of all the clouds and storms, so I accepted her invitation and stepped outside. How beautiful she is! Even though she is beginning to wane, her silvery blue light bathed everything so gracefully. Cassiopia winked at her, and smiled to see me out on such a crisp, clear night. The air smelled of nutmeg, a hearty autumnal scent, courtesy once again of the McCormick plant nearby. I couldn't stay outside very long, my nose was getting cold, and I was beginning to shiver. When I came in, L was stirring for her mid-night feeding. I was so tired, and I still am, but I kept thinking about the moon and I just wanted to write it down.