Saturday, October 09, 2004

If you only knew what she put in her mouth.....

I have the cutest, sweetest little baby girl, L, and she is just eleven months old. She can walk now, and really thinks she is so big since she can get all over the house by herself. L has recently discovered the toilet, and is facinated with the water. Much to my disgust I found her dipping a cup into the toilet and start to drink it yesterday! I really startled her when I said, "OH, yuck! NO, no." I have got to hound those boys to close the bathroom door when they are finished in there- she is too fast. Her other disgusting habit is chewing on her brothers' smelly sandals or flip flops. I can't imagine that they actually taste good, it must just feel good on her teeth to bite into the rubber. Teething toys aren't good enough I suppose. My mom said when we were at the beach last month, L had something clenched in her tight little fist. When she pried it open, there was a dead cockroach! Eww! That totally beats the time D put a dead fly in his mouth. She finds other distasteful and dirty things to put in her mouth too, like, mulch chips, rocks and even lint from the dryer. I try to keep a clean house, but it doesn't matter - she will find that one little piece of something undesireable and pop it in. Of course, I don't love her any less for her disgusting little habit. I still squeeze her and smooch her all over. She's my baby girl, and she is so sweet.