Wednesday, October 27, 2004

One more week....

I'm not talking about the election, sillies, I'm talking about my birthday. This year my special day will be celebrated in red, white and blue, with full day news coverage and with U.S. citizens flocking to schools and churches to cast a vote. So, what do I want for my birthday this year? A new president? and old president? Well, finding my nice watch that my daughter lifted from my nightstand would be nice, or liberating the twelve cds held hostage in my car's cd player and getting it to work properly would be grand! There are practical things I could use, like a new winter coat or socks. There are impractical things I would enjoy like, rock climbing lessons at Earth Treks, or perhaps dancing lessons, or a day of pampering at a spa, or just a really good massage. I don't really need any of these things, however. I have been living without them and I can comfortably continue to live without them. In the grand scheme of things, they really aren't important, just stuff. One thing I really want, is to spend more quality time with my children, family and friends, oh yeah, and world peace, which brings us back to the election. For my birthday this year, please vote well, world peace depends on it.

(In case you were wondering, I am thirty-two on November two, born in the year nineteen seventy-two.)