Thursday, October 14, 2004

Grooming

I gave K and D haircuts tonight. It is another one of my hidden talents, (except of course when I use it and everyone can see what kind of stylist I really am). This time I was a little wiser. Normally I cut their hair outside, so I don't have to sweep up, but D gets so frustrated with all the little pieces of hair that make him itch. So this time, I turned the TV toward the kitchen and let them watch Monsters Inc. while I snipped and buzzed their golden locks to a more managable length. I was nearly finished D's, when he said, "Mommy, I didn't cry this time." I told him how proud I am of him, and wished I had had some lollipops on hand to reward him, but I think the movie was enough of one. I also trimmed up fingernails. You know, it is really hard to keep up with thirty extra fingers and thirty extra toes on a weekly basis. I often forget until someone gets scratched or in L's case, scratches herself.