Saturday, September 25, 2004

Time to kill

Today was the first day that M took the children for the whole day, and overnight. Actually he only had the baby for a few hours, as she is still quite dependent on me, but the boys have been out of the house since ten this morning and I am beside myself. I have so many things that I had hoped to accomplish, but I keep finding myself wandering around distracting myself with meaningless tasks. I tidied up a little. I ran two loads of laundry. I took a very long nap while the baby slept, and I stored some junk in the attic. What I really wanted, no, intended to do was my bible study prep for Monday and Wednesday, and begin my next sewing project. Last time M left it took me a little while to get used to the chunks of time without the kids. Before when the children were in someone else's care it was so we could do something together. I rarely had time to myself. I rarely made time for myself.
I have a friend who told me that when her kids (all but her baby) all started school, she couldn't get anything done. She would wait for them to come home to start mopping the floor or some other chore. I am having a similar problem. I know it will get better, but I just feel like I wasted such precious time today....... Well, at least I took that nap.