Friday, September 24, 2004

Jedi knights

I watched Star Wars Episode I tonight with my boys, and now they are fighting each other with paper light swords. (They are so resourceful.) It actually wasn't as bad as I had remembered it. It was probably because of all the hype, and I was one of those people waiting in a long line at the historic Senator Theatre to see it on opening day.
Something that stuck with me was the bit about how it is Fear that draws you to the Dark Side.
How true this is. What a great assurance that in Christ we have nothing to fear!
I John 4:18
"Such love has no fear because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of judgemnet, and this shows that his love has not been perfected in us."

K just informed me that he is winning and showed me his stellar technique. D fakes a fabulous death. They are so fun to just watch. I'd say they are free entertainment, but really children are quite expensive. Okay, I need to rescue D's light saber from under the sofa. Who knows what I'll find under there.