Saturday, September 11, 2004

Psalm 17

This morning I saught comfort in the scriptures, but wasn't sure where to look. I just flipped it open as I sometimes do and came upon these words:
vs. 6-9

"I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God. Bend down and listen as I pray. Show me your unfailing love in wonderful ways. You save with your strength those who seek refuge from their enemies. Guard me as the apple of your eye. Hide me in the shadow of your wings. Protect me from wicked people who attack me, from murderous enemies who surround me."

One more day until the beach!

The family "party" was tolerable. M liked his CD, spoon rest and cigars. D loves his playmobil pirate ship! That makes it all worth while. Resisting M's advances requires all my strength and self control, and I have been too tired to do that today. I have put up with more than I have wanted, but at least I didn't cave completely. He admits it is harder to keep away from me since he is living here. It makes sense for him to go. I need to stop feeling guilty about it. I need to get on with my own life without his psychosis.