Saturday, September 25, 2004

Finding my own language

At my last counseling session, we were discussing the results of a personality test I took a few months ago. One thing that has stood out to me is that my counselor said that I have difficulty articulating my most inner thoughts. To this I agreed. He (my counselor) also said that I am now finding my own language, that I am learning again how to communicate my thoughts. This couldn't be more true. I have found that taking the time to write here in this blog has been extremely helpful to this end. In fact, I am consciously thinking and putting my thoughts into words throughout the day. I remember a time when I didn't know what I thought. I would actually sit and stare and not know what was in my head. (depression perhaps?) I feel so much more awake now. It is like my mind has been turned back on, I don't know when it got turned off reallly. I think it was a gradual thing. I am becoming more bold in my speech. I am able, at times, to truely say what I think. I am willing to take that risk, because I am learning to be more comfortable with who I am.