Tuesday, January 25, 2005

a new hope, and I don't mean star wars...

I feel that since late last week I am starting to feel like my old self again. No, I haven't been ill, just a little depressed. The dark clouds that have been hovering over my head shed some snow, and now they are lighter and not so threatening.

I met with my friend/ former employer, Sarah Veblen, yesterday to catch up and talk about possibly taking one of her classes, and possibly getting back into sewing in a more regular-support-myself-and-the-kids kind of way. She may have some leads for me in the future, and that is hopeful. She is always so complimentary of me and my work potential, it is always a boost of encouragement to visit with her. The visit was cut short, so I didn't get to see what she has brewing in her studio, so we left it open for another visit in the near future.

I appreciate the verses given to me by my mom, and friends, during these several dark weeks, thank you. I make no promises of not repeating this cycle, in fact it should be expected--I am told.

I was especially blessed by this verse last night that was in the boys' devotional last night:
Isaiah 58:11
"I will always guide you. I will satisfy your needs in a land that is baked by the sun. I will make you stronger. You will be like a garden that has plenty of water. You will be like a spring that never runs dry."

I also am grateful for the help of my sisters in Christ who have been lending a hand every now and again...Today especially thankful for Lynn, who washed my dishes, folded laundry and mopped my floor, so I had some time to spend with my boys, and for mom beginning to recover from her illness and to babysit for a couple hours--keep taking it easy, mom.