Thursday, January 27, 2005

I'm so excited!

It may not seem like a big deal to most people, but of all my "grown-up" years (since 1994) I have only had a dishwasher for two of them. Those were the two years that I lived in apartment complexes paying way too much rent, but I really loved having a dishwasher. The past two and a half years I have been without, until today! My sister-in-law just moved into her new home with her husband and baby-on-the-way, and they gave me their old portable dishwasher. My brother-in-law and his wife just delivered it tonight, and not a moment too soon. I have been cooking all day for my mom's birthday, (Happy Birthday, Mom) and even though Lynn was just here helping me catch up with chores, I have once again filled the sink to brimming with mixing bowls, measuring cups, plates, silverware and a very greasy roasting pan.

If you are interested, here was the menu for this evening:
*Green leaf lettuce salad with Raspberry Walnut Vinegret Dressing
*Hahn Estates 2003 Montery Merlot
*Maple-glazed Roasted Duckling with McIntosh Apples
*Red Potatoes with butter and thyme
*Fresh steamed Green beans
*Chocolate Cream Cake with Chocolate sour cream icing
*Neopolitan Ice cream
*Hot Tea (presently not equipped for coffee making)

Mmmmm, my tummy is full and happy. Just finishing off my wine and feeling very satisfied with the evening. Mother was properly "Birthday-ed" and I am pleased.