Thursday, January 20, 2005

Bloody lawsuit?

I took the fam to Cheeburger Cheeburger tonight as a little treat, since I rarely take them out, and I really didn't feel like cooking or cleaning up afterward. All went well until when we were getting ready to go, I notice blood all over little Prettiness' hand. Somehow she had cut her index finger and the darn thing would not stop. I guess small people pump their blood rather quickly, and for a reason beyond me it would not clot. I tried holding a paper towel to it - firmly- for many minutes, and it still didn't stop. By the time I had bundled the kids into the car and driven across the vast parking lot to the Blockbuster, selected Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back and Garden State, and moved up to the check out, she had blood smeared all over her face.

If I were a different sort of person, I am sure I would see opportunity in this bloody event. A chance to make a profit off of some capitalist chain restaurant--I am sure they are at fault (I say tongue in cheek). I really have no idea what caused the cut. It sort of looked like a deep paper cut, but I couldn't find any sharp edges- nor did I really want to, I just wanted to stop the bleeding. For all I know, she could have bit her own finger on a sharp edge of a new tooth, but it didn't really look like that kind of cut. The whole thing didn't faze her a bit. By the time we got back home, she was sucking on her new booboo - it was still bleeding. So I quickly washed her and the cut off and bandaged it. Bandaging a baby's finger is kind of ridiculous though, fortunately she was just about to go to bed for the night and that would give it time to heal before she figures out how to get that bandage off and eat it... I doubt it will still be there in the morning.