Wednesday, November 17, 2004

She's on a roll

Last night the sink was loaded with dishes and I fully intended on washing them after I tucked the boys in...
...I promptly fell asleep on the top bunk with K, and woke an hour later. Not quite in the mood to wash dishes, and late enough for me to rationalize going to bed, I did. Guess who didn't wake me all night?! That's right little miss prettiness, herself. This is the third time in a week, and I am estactic about it. Hooray! It does mean that she wakes earlier in the morning, but that gave me some time to wash up those nasty dishes before both boys were conscious and begging for food.

Now all I need to do is train D to stop coming in bed with me in the middle of the night and digging his boney knees and feet into my back. Ouch! He tries to get so close, he is practically under me when I wake in the morning. I find myself waking several times in the night to push him away, or push his knees away, and he creeps right back. His comfort thing to do is play with my hair, which even though my hair is long, it still requires him to be close to reach it. I have thought of cutting off a chunk and fastening it to his bed post, but that just is kind of creepy. It has been suggested I get him a manequin head or something--also too creepy. The point of it is, he likes my hair, and that is what comforts him when he has a bad dream or can't fall back to sleep. So I am flattered and yet frustrated that I can't get a full night of uninterrrupted sleep. Perhaps when they all go away to college...