Thursday, January 19, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Randy started this, and I thought I'd try it. Here are 13 things you wouldn't necessarily know about me from reading this blog:

  1. I once tinted my highlights pink in the 80's, although it was my intention to turn them purple.
  2. Every three to five years in Spring, I lop off my hair to a bob length and then grow it out again...it's been four years since the last time.
  3. In my early twenties, I seriously considered becoming a milliner.
  4. Instead I became an art teacher, and am now a mother and part time seamstress.
  5. I don't like the title "seamstress" because it sounds outdated and sexist, although I haven't come up with a better one yet.
  6. I don't like learning new electronic gadgets.
  7. I am not a gadget person.
  8. I have had five cats: Tiger, Lindsey, Booties, Jemimah, and Jasmine.
  9. Jasmine was born in my parents' kitchen the week I graduated from highschool. She is still alive today, 16 years later.
  10. I have had 6 gerbils and two bunnies.
  11. I think birds make lousy pets.
  12. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a veterinarian, until I realized I don't really like sick animals.
  13. I think it would be really cool to raise Alpacas as a family business.