Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A Beautiful Day

My gift from God today was this perfect fall, picturesque day. This is a picture taken from the beautiful place I am privileged to call home on this my birthday.

I had many birthday surprises today. At WOW all of the women (about 60 or so) sang Happy Birthday to me when I walked in the room. Then I was treated with lots of little notes, cards and gifts from the ladies in my Colossians study. (My mom is responsible for all the press my birthday got this year--Thanks again mom.) When I got home there were balloons on my door with a card. I had lunch with my best friend, and her little fella and we all had a great time playing outside in the playhouse, on the swing and with the ride-on toys. While the kids were out with their father, my mom brought me a little and very delicious chocolate cake. I would have to say that my birthday is now complete.

I am so thankful to God for all of the people in my life, new and old, who have been my life-line these past couple years. I would have to say these have been the hardest and yet most personally profitable years of my life. I wouldn't be who I am without all of you! I am also thankful to God for my beautiful children, my home, my family. I am truly blessed.