Thursday, February 03, 2005

Music Meme (slightly revised and updated 2-7-05)

Random 10 Albums Semi-Sorta Randomly pulled from my collection:
{Please note that many of my favorite "cool" albums were "ours" and are now "his", so it is somewhat of a slim pickins in my music library. These are ones I have picked or purchased without the influence of "him".}

1. Anne Lenox - Bare (Incredible! it speaks my deep sorrows so soulfully)
2. Police - Reggatta de Blanc (Walking on the Moon is a favorite of my Artist)
3. Enya - The Memory of Trees (played alot while boys were infants as lullabies, also good for bubble baths)
4. R.E.M - Life's Rich Pageant (the car cd player is holding this one hostage, and I miss it)
5. Paris Combo - LIVE (Loungy french music- tres cool!)
6. Nick Drake - Way to Blue Introduction to Nick Drake (For when I am feeling meloncholic or just mellow)
7. Suzanne Vega - Nine Objects of Desire (Heavy on the base and groovy)
8. They Might Be Giants - Flood (Serendipitously zany, fun and wacky)
for the kids:
9. Harry Connick - Songs I've Heard (Favorites from all the musicals I grew up with)
10. Veggie Tales Sing-Alongs - Bob and Larry's Sunday Morning Songs (All the old churchy songs we learned at Sunday school and camp-veggie style)

What is the total amount of music files on your computer?
Uh, what? My computer can play music? (I am not smart enough to know how to do this... actually I don't think I have enough memory on this little lap top for much of anything else.)
The last CD you bought is:
Nick Drake - Way to Blue, but I have one waiting for me that I ordered and plan to purchase it in the next couple of days. It is "Where the Humans Eat" by Willy Mason.
What is the song you last listened to before this message?
The Church - Under the Milkyway, it was on the radio in my car coming home from the store this afternoon. (I love that song too.)

Five songs that you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.

1. Pet Shop Boys - "You are always on my mind" has many memories associated with a certain time, and I recall belting this one out as I thought about my sister after her death.
2. Enya - "Anywhere Is" It is very poetic, and I love the cadence of this one.

3. Anne Lennox - "Bitter Pill" It's melody is fun and funky, and yet the lyrics are dark and and full of pain.
4. Suzanne Vega - "Caramel" Mmmm, caramel.
5. "It is well with my soul" Means a lot to me and it always makes me cry.

*newly added
6. "Oxygen" by Willy Mason check out the words Here to see why.
7. "I will Survive" by Irene Cary (Do I need to explain this one?)

Who are you gonna pass this stick to? (5 persons and why)
Randy, because he asked.
Greg, because he is a music connaisseur.
Tree, because I am curious of her musical tastes.
Julie, because she is my musical sister.
Tif, because we like the same kinds of music, and I need recommendations.