Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloweeners


Mr. Fantastic and Johnny Danger read up on their predecessors.
picture courtesy of ganap!

Our first Halloween, and I'm still not sure about the the whole trick-or-treating business, but I let the kids try it out in my friend's neighborhood. After several houses, D said his bag was too heavy and began to turn away offers of candy! Needless to say I was already completely exhausted from the previous weeks activities, and had almost forgotten about Halloween, when the boys asked me at 4pm if trick-or-treating was today or tomorrow. I think I'd rather just buy the candy, let the kids dress up and call it a night. Am I turning into a scrooge? I don't know. I just don't have the energy required for holidays (or cultural festivities, whatever you want to call them). Once upon a time, I used to love any and every occasion for dressing up, in fact many of my birthday parties have been costume parties, but I just don't have it in me right now.