Friday, March 30, 2007

Manifold difference


I've been auto-less this week in Lilburn while visiting sister Julie because of the afformentioned noisiness from my exhaust manifold. Originally we thought it just needed new bolts to tighten it. The old bolts had snapped off and needed to be drilled out. (How does that happen?) Once the mechanic got in there to see what the trouble was, it was discovered there was a hole in the manifold (go figure) and so needed replacement. This is a very expensive repair...one I don't have the funds to cover. But the Lord provided, through the means of my church, and I am so thankful for their generosity and care. I'm also grateful that I won't have to listen to the grumbling engine for 13 hours on Monday when I head home. The Green Machine now purrs like a kitten.