Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Cloudy with a chance of alpacas

DAFI alpaca farm field trip, planned and arranged by yours truly, was today. The only day in the ten day forecast with rain expected (at the time I checked yesterday), but thanks be to God, the clouds didn't burst until well after our picnic lunch at Oregon Ridge after the trip. I'm not sure it was a good thing for me to go there or not, because now I really, really want to raise alpacas more than ever. I invited my mom along, since she shares this interest and she asked lots of good questions and took notes. The children absolutely loved this trip, and not just mine, but all of the 23 children who came from our home school group! We even got to take home some fiber to make into felt (that will be our project for Friday). Enjoy the pics of my munchkins feeding some of the animals.