Monday, February 19, 2007

I had a dream...


I had a dream the other night that was really disturbing. In the dream I thought I was facing death. I was in a truck (or possibly a bus) with all of my family, children, siblings, nieces, nephews, and I think my parents were driving. The truck was going up a huge very steep mountain and when it got near the top, the ground started to heave upward and the truck left the ground and twisted over and began to plummet down to the chasm below. I could see out of one window as the ground approached faster and faster. I remember thinking, "This is it, we're all going to die. I better pray." And I had enough time to utter the words "Father forgive me," before we crashed to the ground. I thought I was dead, but I wasn't. Then I realized that no one was but everyone had been terribly lacerated with glass. I had to pull out long splinters of glass out of my own legs to move to help carry the children. That's what I remember last from the dream, pulling out glass and carrying bodies of children.

This dream really impacted me. It made me tired and particularly emotional, maybe some of the children did die in the dream, I don't remember that so well now. I do remember that feeling as I thought I was going to become dust: fear, and at the same time, calm. I had enough sense to know that I wanted my last living words to be ones spoken to God.

Last night I dreamed about this dream again, in a different way. I dreamt that I was trying to explain it, but this time instead of a mountain, it was my parents' house that we were driving over. I have a vague memory of trying to solve the meaning of the previous dream in this dream.

I thought I'd look up some of the major elements of my dreams, although I am usually skeptical of interpretations, these were down right eerie:

To see a truck in your dream, implies that you are overworked. You may be taking on too many tasks and responsibilities and are weighing you down. On a side note, pregnant women often dream of trucks or driving trucks. This may be a metaphor of the load they are are carrying or an expression of their changing bodies.

To dream that you are riding a bus, implies that you are going along with the crowd. You are lacking originality and are taking no control over where your life is taking.

To dream that you are in a bus accident, signifies that you will find yourself in an embarrassing situation. Your finances will be effected in an adverse way causing your much frustration.

To see your own family in your dream, represents security, warmth and love. Consider also the significance of a particular family member or the relationship you have with them.

To see children in your dream, signifies your own childlike qualities or a retreat back to a childlike state. It is an extension of your inner child during a time of innocence, purity, simplicity, and a carefree attitude. You may be longing for the past and the chance to satisfy repressed desires and unfulfilled hopes. Take some time off and cater to the inner child within.

The loss of a child, signifies fallen hopes or a project.

To save a child, signifies your attempts to save a part of yourself from being destroyed.

To see mountains in your dream, signifies many major obstacles and challenges that you have to overcome. If you are on top of the mountain, then it signifies that you have achieved and realized your goals. Alternatively, mountains denotes a higher realm of consciousness, knowledge, and spiritual truth.


To dream that you are climbing a mountain, signifies your determination and ambition.


To dream that you fall off a mountain, suggests that you are in a hurry to succeed without thoroughly thinking about your path to success. It also means that you have a tendency to give up or escape from demanding situations.



To dream that you are praying, signifies a need to turn over some matter to a higher force and let it go. You need to learn to relinquish and let go of your worries. It may also be an indication that you need to pray more.


To see glass in your dream, symbolizes passivity or protection. You may be putting up an invisible barrier around you in order to protect yourself in a situation or relationship.
To see broken glass in your dream, signifies a change in your life. You will find that a situation will come to an abrupt and untimely end.