Thursday, September 22, 2005

I'm thinking about my doorbell...

White Stripes sings My Doorbell, which is very catchy, and actually had me thinking about my doorbell. I bought a little (cheap) one from Lowes that simply sticks to the outside of my house and through the magic of radio signals rings on a receiver plugged into an electical outlet inside my house. I thought the concept was brilliant because it required absolutely no wiring, meaning I could do this myself. (I like to do things myself, by the way.) The only problem is that this stupid doorbell likes to ring whenever it pleases...sometimes when pushed, sometimes not, or perhaps it just takes awhile to get the signal because often, on days I have visitors, it will ring much later, waking me in the middle of the night.

*Please also note I've switched to Haloscan for my comments here...Blogger was letting in a lot of icky spam.